As we approach the last third of the year, we thought it’d be a good idea to review the best and most effective toothbrushes. Technology has changed a lot over the past couple decades, so more and more toothbrushes are evolving to the point where your everyday toothbrush is increasingly apt at removing plaque and buildup. Of course they’re still not anywhere close to dentist industry-grade tooling, so make sure that you still schedule that cleaning and checkup twice annually.
We’ll start with the electric toothbrushes, which are your best option for maintaining a healthy and vibrant smile. We’ll be sure to include a few traditional non-electric brushes at the conclusion of the piece for our luddite friends.
Here’s the rundown:
- Oral-B Black 7000 with Smartguide. Oral-B continues to be a heavy hitter in the dental hygiene industry. This brush is the best overall pick and number one in our draft. It’s the best rechargeable option and has advanced technology (called SmartGuide), a pressure sensor that will give you feedback on your brushing technique. It also offers 6 customizable modes for a maximum cleaning.
- Philips Sonicare Diamondclean. Philips stakes its claim as the most beloved toothbrush brand by Americans and their dentists. This model promises to whiten teeth one shade within a week and promote healthier gums in two. Its Sonic technology cleans your teeth with up to 31,000 brush strokes per minute and has five modes for optimum performance.
- Oral-B Pro 1000. Another Oral-B home run. This rechargeable electric toothbrush has one mode: daily clean. It features a visible pressure sensor and offers clinically proven 3D cleaning, oscillating, rotating and pulsating to break up plaque. This one doesn’t have the bells and whistles of the aforementioned brushes, but it’s still a gem.
Here are some honorable mentions, in the realm of manual toothbrushes:
- Nimbus Microfine Toothbrush. The main advantage of the Nimbus is that it has two rows of bristles. This gives your enhanced cleaning abilities for your fronts and backs of your teeth. They come in a five pack, giving you great value for you hard-earned money.
- Oral-B Pro-Health CrossAction 7 Toothbrush. Has a flex design system to penetrate between your teeth and ride snugly along the gum line. The CrossAction 7 features a textured tongue cleaner on the back of the brush. It also employs carefully polished end-round bristles, which offer gentle brushing that won’t damage your gums.
So make an informed decision when it comes to your teeth. Switch it up and explore your different options. Just make sure that you are replacing your brushes regularly, to maximize effectiveness.
Also, visit our offices for your next scheduled cleaning. We miss you!. Make sure to schedule your appointment in advance.