As the world continues to make new advancements in technology, our abilities as a dental practice have evolved as well to become much more efficient with patient-friendly processes. By making use of the latest technology, we can bring more convenience, comfort, and clarity to our patients’ dental experiences. Below are some examples of how we have incorporated technology into our practice.
iTero Element 5D Intraoral Scanner
In our office, we use the latest 3D scanning technology to ensure a comfortable, convenient, and quick visit for our patients! iTero Element 5D intraoral scanner can make a 3D image of the teeth, gum tissue, and bite in as little as three minutes. Gone are the days of uncomfortable, gooey, messy impressions that seem to take an eternity to set. The iTero scanner can be utilized in a multitude of ways for the patient’s benefit:
- The easy and quick scanning replaces gooey impressions.
- Scanned images can be stored and rapidly shared with dental labs for restoration fabrication.
- Restorations such as crowns, bridges, and implants can be created easily.
- Removable appliances like nightguards, retainers, custom teeth whitening trays, surgical guides, and dentures can be manufactured with ease.
- The scanner can easily find, display, and monitor tooth damage, wear, or chipping.
- Treatment plans using Invisalign integrate seamlessly with a simple scan.
- iTero Element 5D produces no radiation.
X-rays are an essential tool used in diagnostics that allows our team to pinpoint problems in their earliest stages. There are many advantages to digital dental x-rays over traditional dental x-ray films! Here are the reasons why we invested in this technology for our patients:
- Less Radiation: Our digital X-ray sensors are incredibly sensitive, and require up to 90% less radiation than traditional imaging.
- Speed: Once images are taken, they are ready to be viewed on screen in seconds.
- Flexibility: It is easy to manipulate and enhance X-ray images using software.
- Portability: Since they are digital, access, storage, and sharing are more efficient than film.
- Chemical-Free: There is no film, so there is no toxic developer or fixer to worry about.
Our dental management software is cloud-based, so we are able to securely store patient information remotely. Our advanced software also allows us to send you electronic documents and forms – eliminating the need for paper and printing. Additionally, we offer text-to-phone appointment reminders and confirmations, as well as convenient text-to-pay services.